Saturday, March 6, 2010

In The Words Of A Five Year Old

"Ni Hoa"

Some of you might have seen our Hattie's debut on her mommy's blog but I just want to pass it on just in case you haven't.

Hattie is the youngest, for now, daughter of my niece Tricia and her husband Eric. As I've written before, they are in the process of adopting Lydda. Lydda lives in an orphanage in China today, but hopefully, around mid April will live with her new family.

Hattie had to do a poster and oral presentation on another country. Of course she chose China. I'm going to let her share what she has learned of her sister's native country. Hattie...



I've shared Lydda's picture with all of you before, but I want to show you again. I hope and pray these beautiful little eyes will be before you when you go to our Father God tonight and tomorrow morning. In fact, as often as you can, please lift her up. Life for Lydda is not what it is for our 12 month olds here.
satan has been working pretty hard over the last couple days to not only discourage but interrupt the plans for Hattie's sister to come live with her. You know though, you can't keep a five year old down. She doesn't understand lost flyer miles, delayed travel plans, extra charges to authorities, just all the blips on the radar. Here are a few things she has done to "help":
...She drew pictures and had her mom raffle them on her blog
... she worked at their jambalaya dinner sale
... she prays for her every night
... and she (and her sister Emogene - a story for another time) gave their
complete piggy bank savings to "help hurry Lydda up".

Anyway, this is just an introduction to Hattie. I have so many great-nieces and nephews, all with the same loving hearts. I will have to actually count down from my brothers to their kids and then maybe I'll get there. God blessed the three of us, Wayne, Valmond and me with many precious off-spring.

I Love You All
p.s. "Ni Hoa" means "hello" from China, in case you missed that in Hattie's
presentation.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Hattie has made it on a another blog. Does this make her famous? We were so proud of Hattie. She showed no signs of stage fright. Thank goodness, she must take after her dad. I cry in front of others. Lydda will be very famous next month I just know it. She will be splattered all over my blog and probably her aunt's blog too.
    I am getting ready to have my world turned upside down. I have a very comfortable life with my two little girls and one big teenager. My Chinese angel will rock my world and shake it up drastically. Don't be surprised if I don't blog for a month after we are home.

    ReplyDelete