Saturday, June 27, 2009

Forever With You

Click to play this Smilebox scrap pages: Forever With You



Create your own scrap pages - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox scrap pages

HAPPY 23RD ANNIVERSARY!

Today marks the twenty-third year Les and I have been married...and they said it wouldn't last two.

These years have not all been easy, but they have all been worth it. Blending two families is, at best, a challenge. At some times it has been down right difficult. We have been blessed with outstanding role models, both in our families and within our church family. Through out the years the kids have struggled with identity, but when we look around us and ask others who are not "blended", they seem to have struggled just as much and many in the same areas.

I would not trade even one of our six children and their children for any others out there. I thank the Lord for his love and blessings, as well as the nearly 13 grand children he has given us.

Les and I have been blessed to both have had good jobs (if not high paying, at least steady and rewarding). We have served the Lord's church in many capacities, worked with kids, older adults, ladies, and shepherding His flock, praise team and in community efforts as well. I've been blessed with a husband whose heart is after the Lord's and totally devoted to me. During my years of kidney failure and transplant he was ever beside me and never missed work. I thank you Lord. I also thank my precious husband.

To all those, family and friends, I love you all and have loved sharing our twenty three years with you.
Looking toward 24.

1 comment:

  1. I recieved this comment from my dear friend Kimbo. She said:

    FANTASTIC writing...I sobbed over missing my father for over an hour last night...and he's been gone for 6 + 100 years now.

    I teared up over your birthday letter to Wayne...and laughed out loud at the "so you lied?" Michael story!!! I'm still laughing.

    Love,

    Kimbo

    ReplyDelete