Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Lord's Day - Our Memories

One would think I could find time to write more than just on Sunday morning. Actually, I think it has more to do with the Sabbath than being a day on the calender. Les and I were talking a few minutes ago about what Sunday mornings were like in their home when we were kids. He said what he remembered most was his dad getting up and putting The Chuck Wagon Gang and Tennessee Ernie on the record player, and them eating breakfast together. Very similar to what I remember (except no Chuck Wagon Gang, Please. Maybe Elvis Gospel) except there was mother bustling around in her wisp of a hat and blue house coat getting lunch ready so we could either bring home company or take our food to someones house.
We seem to sit at the computer until about half an hour before time to leave with a cup of coffee and try to be excited about "church". Don't get me wrong, I enjoy worship and love God's people. I just somehow don't love the big rush to do church. (and here I have just excepted the Women's Ministry Leader role.) Relationship is the key to fellowship and mentoring the tool for discipling, more than sitting back-to-back looking forward rather than side-to-side or up. Oh well, I guess that's my sermon for the day. You are the lucky, captive audience that gets to hear it. I also believe studying The Word is the meat of our relationship with our Lord. I would enjoy hearing about y'alls memories and thoughts about the Lord's day. Sad that He only has one, huh?
I would love to hear what each of you remember about that morning .
Love ya

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the memories and words about The Lord's Day. Great comments about relationships too. I think that is the proof of the puddin when it comes to CHRISTianity. We are enjoying your great blogs. The grandkids are special. And preach on sister about relationships in Christ...Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember sitting on the couch in my dress waiting for the announcement that it was time to go.

    ReplyDelete