Saturday, May 16, 2009

Prom Night




How does one describe a heart that overflows with a touch of sadness and a burst of pride so large it blocks the sky?

This evening I, along with his mom and others, sent Michael and his date off to senior prom. (it was sorta like the first day of pre-K when we all followed him, with his "wunch" box, to school, cameras flashing ) When I left the house, the sky opened up and poured huge, tear shaped rain drops, or maybe it was just my heart turning loose. I can't imagine what graduation night will be like. He was so tall and handsome in his tux, asking me to please not cry. Just to wait until he was gone at least.

Anyway, this is not meant to be a tear jerker, the night was that. It is just a peek into a Nana's heart on prom night. I love you, Michael

1 comment:

  1. Awe, that was a great post. I bet he was handsome. I want to see a picture.

    I am excited about your blog!

    ReplyDelete