Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nana's Peapod

Have you ever seen such a sweet little pea?

I know Cade must think Nana will never post his blog entry. I started one as soon as we returned from Denver but somehow never got it completed. In a way I'm not sorry because now I have some comparison pictures. You know the tiny baby ones compared to the six week ones. Thanks to his mommy and daddy following tradition. I want to think she will break it when he becomes a year old and keep getting them done. Most of us have fewer pictures as baby gets older. Hunter will be two in less than a week and I am having to reuse pictures already.

We had a wonderful time visiting with Libby, Bernard and Cade. (oh, did I mention Kelsey?) She is Cade's watch puppy. Did I say puppy? She only thinks she is a puppy I'm not sure I want to see her when she's five. I hope Cade will mind half as well as Kelsey. They've done a great job with her. Once she got right up by Cade and put her face on his feet and didn't want Nana or Papaw to pick him up.

The first couple nights we were there, Cade had a tummy ache and tried his best to tell us about it. All we did was feed him and mommy and daddy took turns sleeping on the couch while holding him. Then on the third night I noticed he seemed to eat, cry and eat again. Pulling his little legs up when he cried. We determined it was colic and brought in the "baby walker". Everyone knows who that is...papaw...He has spent many hours through the last 18 years walking grand children with colic. They seem to respond to his calm, security.
Now here we are, almost eight weeks into Cade's life and we have some new pictures. He continues to grow and will soon pass up his mommy. I'm serious! He will for sure get much bigger and will grow into a young man before we know it. Hold him now mom and dad because he will soon be holding your hands in his and walking you instead of the way it is now.

We love you sweet Cade and can't wait to see you again.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great blog welcoming in your new grandbaby. I know Les did a wonderful job lulling sweet Cade to sleep. You can tell by the pictures he is well loved.

    ReplyDelete